Default SCT Chip Dyno Review -

I did a review on this product in Dec. when I first got it on another board and thought I'd bring it new light here.

The car's only mod prior to the chip was a Flowmaster catback.

The chip was purchased from http://www.BamaChips.com and tuned by Doug. Enough chit-chat let's see some numbers ...

2003 Mustang GT (automatic)

This is on the 87 oct program. The peak gains were 10 hp / 13 ft-lbs with considerably larger gains from 3200-3900 RPM. The gains were impressive but the shifts are what made it a definite Must Buy. Unfortunately we were unable to test the 93 oct program that day.

In January I took it to the track and managed a 13.77@101.44 with the 93 oct program and the addition of a Prochamber. This was done at full weight on street radials (stock gatorbacks)

I would recommend anyone thinking about adding a chip to give BamaChips serious consideration. I was more than happy with Doug's work and plan to get a new tune in the near future. I'll post the results at that time.

SCT and BamaChips get the from me.

Sct =

Cant wait till the new Xcal2 comes out....think its suppose to be monday the 23rd
    battery relocation kit?

impressive results for a '87 octane tune

I don't know, my car is weird unless it has 89 octane in it... it runs like crap and gets terrible mileage with 87... glad you can get away with it though!
    Proudly celebrating 9 years of active BMC Membership on June 26, 2013

People have actually done tests on the 99+ engines....apparently they do better stock on 87 than they do on 93. And I believe BP gas is suppose to be the best for them too.
    battery relocation kit?

Hello all... I saw a comment about the Xcal 2. Just to let you know, we should have them in stock on either Monday or Tuesday. Being a SCT exclusive dealer we should be one of the first ones to have them in stock on the west coast and have a great price for you guys in the BMC. Let us know if you want one via email - aaldridg@fastspecialties.net.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyspony
    I don't know, my car is weird unless it has 89 octane in it... it runs like crap and gets terrible mileage with 87... glad you can get away with it though!
    I actually hardly ever use the 87 program anymore ... comparing the 93 program to the 87 is like comparing the 87 to stock.

Once we finish the first strain of my project it will go back to the dyno for a little more tweaking.

I recommend SCT over all other chips ... SCT = teh win

I know this is an old post, but I have been reading what everyone has been spending on XCal2's and just for a heads up, our normal price on XCal2 is 349.00. BMC members get additional off, I cannot post prices, but I can guarantee the lowest price. Give us a call and let us know you are a BMC member and we can take care of you. Have your BMC name and number available.