Default Mustang Build sheets

I've read in various forums about people getting "build sheets" from Ford for their Mustangs. Does anyone know how to do that? Can you use build date on door post sticker and VIN nto contact someone at Ford to get one? Who? Thanks for your help.

http*://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Copy this link into your web browser, remove the * and put in your vin after the equals sign and then hit enter and you'll get a PDF of your window sticker. Doesn't appear to work for all 2005+ Mustangs including mine but it might work for yours

2005 Black Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Safety/Security Upgrade, Shaker 500, Interior Upgrade (red leather with heated seats with side airbags and MyColor), Eibach Pro Kit, Polished Bullet Rims with BFG G-Force KWD2 255/45/18 (front) and 285/40/18 (rear), C&L CAI, 91 Octane Tune, misc Billet bling

IT WORKED FOR MINE. Thanks so much. I am getting ready to print it. Perfect.

It may be a "build sheet", but that looks like a "window sticker" to me.

When I got a 2006 V6 convertible, black, there was some Ford information going around that said, "Send an email to ???@?????.com, include your VIN, and you will receive information specific to your car, including all the options and ..." I have lost both the email address (a Customer Relations person, I think) and the sheet(s) sent to me by Ford, but my memory is it was called a "build sheet" or something like that. It did contain a list of options on my car, each identified by the Ford order code.

There was/is another, more interesting document available, maybe through Ron at gtcsregistry.com, that returns a list of significant dates for a given VIN.

north linda vista
    CA USA

"reSIST the URGE to exPLAIN"
    —Screenwriter and Oscar nominee in an AOL chatroom

It is a window sticker but at least it is something that contains specifics to your car. I wish it would have worked for me.

What exactly is a build sheet?

2005 Black Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Safety/Security Upgrade, Shaker 500, Interior Upgrade (red leather with heated seats with side airbags and MyColor), Eibach Pro Kit, Polished Bullet Rims with BFG G-Force KWD2 255/45/18 (front) and 285/40/18 (rear), C&L CAI, 91 Octane Tune, misc Billet bling

I don't really know, but those who have them that I talked with make it sound like a sheet that went with the car through the assembly plant to tell workers what to do. I know a guy with a Cobra who got one but I didn't see it.

Oh, we have something like that here at work but we call it a "traveller". It would not ever be given out to the consumer though.

I found the original build sheet to my 1985 Mustang SVO under the carpet and it is real:

Special Vehicle OstentatiousCDC/UEI/MA Dirty Dozen